Can you believe it? It’s already September! Okay, I know we’re already a week into this month but I’m a little late in setting my goals for this month, but better late than never right? I’m still trying to let go of the summer, I’m seriously just in-love with all things summer. But, the time for fall has come. That means that the weather is now cooler, the sunny days are shorter, and everything is spiced up with either caramel or pumpkin.
Life has been pretty chaotic lately. I’ve started homeschooling. This is a whole new adventure for me. It’s something that I’ve been researching for a very long time and finally I’ll probably write another post just about that. My motivation has been very low lately and it’s been really hard for me to try to get myself back up again. This is where the idea of making a goal list for this month came about. Perhaps if I write it down, and share it I’ll most likely stick with it. I’m like 90% sure I will, haha!
If you’ve followed me on Instagram, you’ll know that I started this blog to keep myself accountable for my weight loss journey. If your new to my page well, Welcome To My World! No major weight loss here- YET! I’ve done everything BUT that. My goals this months are towards me creating new habits and focusing on the things I can control.
- Go to sleep at 10:00pm There is really no excuse for me not to do this. My toddler is sleeping by 8:00pm and he sleeps all night. I’ve realized that I need to make sleep a priority. I want to be up at 5:30 and have things done early in the morning. I remember there was a time in my life where I could thrive on four hours of sleep with energy all day long. Those days are long gone. I know if I follow my daily schedule I can do this.
- Eat Whole Foods I’m going to make it very simple. I’ve done so many “diets” that I can’t just try another one. I’ve been vegetarian for three years and I still manage to get a tons worth of bread, rice, spaghetti, pizza and cookies and cakes! You see why this stubborn fat won’t leave my body?! My goal is to eat plant based, three meals a day. I’m currently reading End Of Dieting by Dr. Joel Fuhrman. It’s a six week meal plan and you can read more about it here. I’ve read his Eat To Live book last year, but my emotional eating habit has been stronger than my desire of being fit. I’ve had a mental battle with craving food for a long time and it’s been hard to overcome it, but I am done with just not doing anything about it. At the end of the day, I will always be the ONLY person able to change me.
- Drink more water My goal is to drink 125 ounces of water everyday. That is a lot of water, but I know my skin will thank me later. I will have to start my day with a huge glass of water before breakfast and have a water bottle with me all day in order for me to drink all of this water. The formula for water intake is: your body weight divided by two=ounces to drink everyday.
- Lose 8 pounds I’m hoping to lose two pounds a week. I know this is an attainable goal. I will keep track of my goals weekly and do measurements weekly. I’m currently weighing 251 pounds. My weight goal is 140 pounds.
- Wear my corset daily I purchased a steel bone corset a few months ago with the all the intention of wearing it every day. After seasoning the corset, I put it away in the closet. I really like how it acts like an external lap band so I’m unable to eat too much which you already know is my main issue.
- Workout This is something that I really enjoy doing. Every time I do a workout, I feel like super woman! It’s been around five months since I’ve done an actual workout. Reason is because
I’ve had so much stuff going onexcuses. Now I really am unable to workout because I have calluses on both of my feet. Really. Painful. Calluses. I’m not sure how, or why they got there but it hurts like crazy! It’s a pain for me just to walk around, let alone exercise. I can probably do some yoga and look for some way to get rid of it naturally.
Do you make monthly goals? I’d love to hear from you!
Till’ next time